============================================================

Sunday, December 4, 2011

116 Days...

...Until Little Man is due!!  One of the few things I LOVE about the fact that we did IVF is that we know EXACTLY when this little guy was conceived, therefore my due date is about as accurate as they come.  I wonder if he will grace us with his presence early, or if he will be late just like both of his parents were!  Hard to believe that I am 23 weeks, 3 days pregnant ALREADY!

We had a fetal echo-cardiogram on Wednesday afternoon.  Apparently this is standard when you have an IVF/ICSI pregnancy as the risk for heart defects can be slightly higher.  Fortunately, everything looked great.  The echogenic cardiac focus is still there, but the pediatric cardiologist assured us that it would have no impact on cardiac function and that it was really NO BIG DEAL at all.  That was very reassuring to hear.  It was nice to get to see Little Man again... now we will likely not see him until very late in the pregnancy.  The doctor doing the ultrasound did recommend that I ask to have some growth scans just because it is an IVF pregnancy, but I think she was just trying to give me a justification to get more ultrasounds!

Little Man has been moving SO MUCH MORE over the last few weeks and I am loving it!  It's amazing that I can go through my day and get so busy sometimes that I forget I'm even pregnant, but then he decides to start doing some acrobatics in there to remind me that he'll be joining us soon!  Jonathan has even caught the action a few times!

Jonathan and I went and registered at Babies-R-Us and Buy Buy Baby this week.  We spent last Sunday night making a crazy list so that we could go into both stores as organized as possible, and it worked out pretty well!  We had to do some editing online once we were done in the store, but I think we have a pretty comprehensive registry set up.  Of course, we over-registered, but that is mostly so that we can use the registry completion coupon when all is said and done to get the items that we need that we doubt anyone will buy for us at a discount (Um, breast pads? Yeah, don't really expect to see them as a gift, but by registering for them, we'll be able to buy them cheaper later!).  We also went with Jonathan's parents to order Little Man's furniture on Tuesday night.  They are very graciously gifting him with his crib, which is such a kind and special thing for them to do.  The set is beautiful and changes from a crib to a toddler bed to a daybed to a full-sized bed, so this should last him for years!  In addition to the pieces in the picture below, we also ordered the nightstand.  We don't anticipate using that anytime soon, but we figured we might as well get the full set now and not take a chance that it would be discontinued.


Aside from registering and having the ultrasound, Jonathan and I were very busy!  I performed in the pit orchestra for the musical production of "A Christmas Carol" that was being produced at my high school... that kept me out Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights (as well as Saturday afternoon for the matinee).  Jonathan came to see the show on Friday night - it's always great to know he's in the audience supporting me when I am doing something like that.  Between all of the shows, we started and practically finished our Christmas shopping.  We have a few odds and ends to pick up, but I should be able to knock that out this week while he is in Canada on a business trip.  Currently, Little Man's room has been taken over by Christmas gifts, all laid out and labeled.  I plan to start wrapping soon... we always wait until the last minute and spend HOURS wrapping everything.  I figure that if I go upstairs and start wrapping a bit every few days, the whole process will be much less painful.

My next appointment is this Thursday afternoon.  I have a list of questions for the doctor... here's hoping the one I see this week is a little better with my questions than the one I had for my 16 week appointment!

No comments:

Post a Comment