Life is busy! While I have a few minutes of quiet, let me see if I can update about our family...
Our house is on the market right now. We definitely need more space now that our family is expanding, so we have listed our house and are hoping that we get some nibbles soon. Keeping a house clean enough to be on the market and ready for someone to come look at it while being pregnant and taking care of a two year old is no small task! Jonathan and I are doing very well with our new housekeeping routine, but I will say that it is a little on the exhausting side. Our house is never very messy, per se, just clearly lived in (with a toddler!). We're trying very hard to keep it clean and tidy every day - never going to bed with things out of order. I will say that it makes me happier to live this way and keep a neat house, even if it is a bit tiring. I have never vacuumed so much in my life!
We just converted Nate's crib to a toddler bed and tonight is his first night in his "big boy bed". It's also his first night in big boy underware as we are working on potty training this weekend using the three day potty training method. He did a pretty good job today with using the potty, though we definitely had our fair share of accidents. I have to keep reminding myself that it's called the three day method for a reason and is not the "one hour" potty training method, so some mess is to be expected. We took his binky away about a month ago now, so he's really starting to be a big boy! Nate is doing pretty well with all of these changes. Little man is growing up and getting ready to be an awesome big brother!
My pregnancy is going very well. Pretty uneventful for the most part, and mostly easy. I am feeling the aches and pains of pregnancy a little earlier this time around, which may be in part due to chasing Nate around all the time and not having the luxury of free time to relax and rest like I did when I was pregnant with Nate. Jonathan has been awesome about letting me get off of my feet as much as I can at home and ensuring that I am taking care of myself as well as I possibly can. 4 more weeks of school and then I can start my "maternity leave" nice and early and enjoy a summer of fun with Nate before meeting Baby Girl! She is a lot more active than her brother was, which is different for me, and definitely fun. I know some women complain about the constant movement as it can be distracting to daily life and keep one up at night, but I, personally, really enjoy every punch, jab, and roll. She is also head down already, whereas Nate was not until MUCH later on, so the movements are different than I was used to with Nate.
We had an ultrasound a week and a half ago to check placenta position (I had a marginal previa at our 20 week ultrasound), and we took Nate. We told him we were going to see a movie about baby sister. He seemed to get a kick out of it (in between running around the ultrasound room like a little goof), and was very excited when the ultrasound tech gave him his own copy of pictures of his sister. When I handed them to him, he said "Oooh, baby sister!" and gave the pictures a kiss! It was a very sweet moment (one I'll have to remind him of when they are teenagers and he's refusing to hang out with her), and reassured me that he will be a phenomenal big brother.
Those are the highlights for now. I know there is much more to blog about, and some posts that I need to catch up on and post, but I am so exhausted that I barely remember my own name, so detailed blogging is probably not in my immediate future! I hope to have the time and energy to catch up soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment