Jonathan and I are completely over the moon with excitement that we are having a son. After such a struggle with infertility, we would have been pleased to have a little girl too, but we are both just so very excited to have a son.
I started to think about why I was excited to know we were having a boy. I knew that I always wanted a boy first just so if we are blessed enough to have another child, and even more blessed to have a little girl, she would have a big brother. I also just think that baby boy clothing is just so sweet. I can't wait to dress this little man up!
Mostly, I realized that I am just so thrilled that my husband is going to have a son. Jonathan is, without a doubt, one of the best men I have ever known. I am so proud and honored to call him my husband. He is a kind man with an amazing work ethic. For the entire time I have known him, he has gone out of his way to meet every single one of my needs and then some. He is a man of integrity, which is increasingly more rare to find these days. His sense of humor is fantastic and even when he is having a rough day, it is unusual to see him without a smile on his face. Some of my friends like to joke about needing to clone him. I suppose having a son is as close as we will get to that! Knowing that my little boy is going to grow up with such an amazing role model just makes my heart swell with joy to the point where I think it may burst. I know that he will teach our son to treat others with respect and kindness. Jonathan has so many varied skills and talents, I know that he will do everything he can to help foster our son's interests. And sports!!! If the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, this little guy is going to be quite the sports fan - all with Daddy's guidance, I'm sure!
I'm one lucky woman to have married such an amazing man, and our son is one lucky boy to have him as a father.
No comments:
Post a Comment