| 35 weeks! |
| What's up white belly? |
I've had two NSTs since I last posted, and Little Man has passed with flying colors. Calling it a "Non-Stress Test" is such a misnomer, as it really is kinda stressful for mama to sit there and obsess over how much he is moving and whether his heart rate fluctuates with those movements or not. I've also had two ultrasounds since I last posted. My fluid levels have gone back up (around 25 at 34 weeks and 22 at 35 weeks), so they will continue to watch me closely. There are some complications that could arise as a result of the high fluid, but as of right now, the OB that I spoke with last week doesn't seem too concerned. The worst case scenario is placental abruption if they have to break my water, but my OB has NEVER seen that and has only read of it - and said that my fluid would have to get much, much higher (around 40) to make that a real concern. He has been head down for the past few weeks, but the extra fluid could give him the room to move around and change positions... but no worries, my son and I have had several talks about the importance of staying head down! He also is at risk for wrapping the cord around himself, so I need to pay close attention to his movements, particularly each morning and each evening. Luckily for me, he has been quite the acrobat lately! If my fluid levels increase, they may consider inducing between 39 and 40 weeks, which, if it means safer delivery for Little Man, I will absolutely be okay with induction. The great news is that his practice breathing looks wonderful during ultrasounds, and it does not appear that the excess fluid is affecting him adversely at all. This week we have the 36 week growth ultrasound, my Group B Strep culture, and I believe I get my first internal exam (oh joy). Hard to believe that in less than two weeks, Little Man will be full term!!!
My supervisor chose my maternity leave sub and I really couldn't be more pleased with his decision. I really enjoyed watching her do a demo lesson with my class, and the kids were at ease with her, partly because she has a very similar style to mine. I think that she will be a great fit and I am surprisingly feeling really relaxed about only having three weeks of work left. I am working on putting together a binder for her with everything I can think of to make life easier on her while I am out - and also so I can truly rest and disconnect from school when I am gone. Once that is done (hopefully within the next week) then I will be ready to embrace my leave time.
Mom and Dad got into town last night. They came just to visit and so Mom can attend my baby shower on Sunday afternoon. Dad and Jonathan are going to a Devils game during the shower with Jonathan's dad, our buddy Scooby, and my brother, Tom and nephew, Owen. I'm sure they will have a great time at the game while the ladies are enjoying the the shower (my sis-in-law, Chrissy, and nieces, Courtney & Madison are coming down from Connecticut for the shower). We had a great homemade (by Jonathan) dinner with my parents last night, a wonderful homemade (by me) breakfast this morning, and then we went into NYC to see the September 11 Memorial. It really was quite a sight - I look forward to going back once it is more complete, and hopefully in better weather (chilly and rainy today). Here's a picture from the memorial:
Things are definitely getting exciting around here as we prepare for Little Man's arrival. We ordered our cloth diaper stash the other day and received them today - I have LOTS to say about that, so I'll save that for another post! Here's one last silly picture of me holding up Little Man's new onesie that came in the mail yesterday - think it fits yet??
| "Daddy's Little Wingman" |
No comments:
Post a Comment