============================================================

Monday, November 18, 2013

Weekend Update

Let's see... Where did we leave off?

We had an uneventful flight to Chicago, but ended up taxiing for a half hour upon landing. Despite that, we got our rental car, grabbed a fast food breakfast, and made it to the church just in time for the funeral litergy. The service was nice and we went to the cemetery afterwards, followed by a luncheon.

We stopped by Michelle & Paul's house for a little while before heading over to spend time with a bunch of family at Uncle Emil & Aunt Patty's house. It was really nice to spend family time, even though I wasn't feeling the best. I know that I overdid it a bit, so it felt really good to finally get in bed last night.

Today, we woke up and decided to skip church. Nate was so good yesterday on the flight, sitting through liturgy (longer than he is used to at out church), at the graveside, and throughout the luncheon; we figured that we didn't want to press our luck. So, the three of us had a nice family breakfast and did a little shopping at Kohls so Jonathan could get a new Bears t-shirt.

While we shopped some awful storms rolled in. We headed to Uncle Emil's and spent the afternoon eating pizza, watching the Bears play football (after an almost 2 hour delay thanks to those storms), and watching Nate play. Around 1 pm, we noticed that out 7:30 pm flight was delayed. At first it was just until 8 pm, then 10:13 pm.

Why was this an issue?

Because we don't know if we're doing an embryo transfer tomorrow or not. We got the call as we were getting settled into the rental car on Saturday, that out of the ten eggs retrieved, seven were mature, and five fertilized. They asked me to call on Monsay at 8:30, and they would let me know if I should come in Monday at 1:15 for transfer, or if they would hold me off until Wednesday.

Because of this, we HAD to get home tonight. I was nervous she. We finally got to the airport; so many flights had been cancelled, and they had a "cot city" set up for travelers stuck there overnight. After waiting a bit longer, our flight finally departed a little before 11 pm central time. As I type this, we're having a bit of a rough landing to JFK, but we have made it. Now, we just need to collect the car and head home. I'm guessing our heads will hit the pillow around 3:30 am.

I took a sick day tomorrow due to the potential for transfer (if I was guessing, I would say that they will want me in tomorrow). I'm really glad I took it though, because working on two and a half hours of sleep just doesn't seem like a good time.

We have landed. Time to mount a hotspot from my phone, post this, then head on home.

No comments:

Post a Comment