============================================================

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Moving on...

We had our last appointment with our RE this morning.  After our little scare last week, I really didn't think that he would release us today, but he did!  He got to see the baby again and today we heard the heartbeat!  I really didn't think I would be one of those women who cried when they heard the heartbeat, but guess what?  I apparently am one of those women! :)

Everything looks great with the baby and with me and my ovaries and such, so today ended up being our last appointment.  Part of me is REALLY sad, because I really love our RE and his staff.  It seems so unfair - he did all the hard work of getting us pregnant, and now my OB gets to enjoy the fruits of his labor!  Jonathan and I are trying to figure out what to send the office.  There are different people in each day, so we want to send something that is non-perishable so that it can be enjoyed by all of our favorite staff... but what do you send the people who helped you get pregnant after so much frustration and angst?  A fruit basket?  I'm thinking no...  So, we're working on this right now.

My first appointment with my OB's office is a week from Friday.  I'm seeing the midwife who I originally saw for my yearly checkups when I started going to this practice years ago, so I'm happy about that.  From what I understand, they have you make appointments with everyone in the practice so you get to know everyone and vice versa, so when you deliver, you aren't surprised by being seen by who is on call.

So now we are moving on... to act like a normal pregnant couple with normal appointments at a regular OB.  It makes me nervous to know I won't have my nice weekly visits to peek at the baby, but on the other hand, I am okay with not having blood drawn once a week.  I'm also REALLY excited to report that I only have 6 PIO injections to go!! WOO!  I do 0.5cc (down from 1cc that I've been doing) tonight, tomorrow, and Thursday, skip Friday, injection Saturday, skip Sunday, injection Monday, skip Tuesday, and my last one is next Wednesday! :)  SO EXCITING!

No comments:

Post a Comment