============================================================

Saturday, August 27, 2011

First OB Appointment

Yesterday afternoon, I had my first regular OB appointment.  I was excited and nervous all day - I didn't realize just how nice it was to have my appointments at the IVF clinic first thing in the morning - get all the worry out of the way!  They did a pap smear and physical exam, drew three vials of blood, asked me a ton of questions, and did an ultrasound. 

I was really excited to get to see our baby again!  Since I've already had four ultrasounds, I was afraid they would skip that for me, but they were nice and hooked me up! :)  Baby's heart rate was 169 and measured perfectly at 9 weeks, 1 day.

Before I left, they gave me a bunch of goodies in a nice bag, and had me fill out some forms for formula samples and such.  I had a pregnancy brain moment and wrote the wrong year for the due date down!  I'm so used to writing 03/21/1983 for my birthdate, when asked to fill in the due date I wrote 03/29/1983 instead of 2012!!  Oops!

Our next appointment is on September 15.  On that day, we'll do our NT scan and sequential screen to check for the chance of chromosomal defects.  We are at a higher risk because we used ICSI for fertilization.  Trying not to be nervous for what these tests will show, but only time will tell! 

No comments:

Post a Comment