============================================================

Friday, September 2, 2011

It's been a year...

Wow, it's been a year since our initial consult with our RE at the IVF clinic.  I was looking back at my calendar from last year and realized that on September 1, 2010, we had our first appointment.  A few days later, I got my period and started our first IUI cycle.

It's amazing how much has happened in a year.  It's amazing how much can change in a year.  I know that I am not the same person who nervously walked into that appointment.  I know so much more about my body now.  I know so much more about my marriage.  Much more about myself.  Much more about my relationships with others.  Infertility changed me... and I'm okay with that.

Here I am, 366 days after that first appointment, and I am 10 weeks and 1 day pregnant.  I feel so blessed that we have gotten to this point.  I know that it takes much longer for many others.  My heart hurts when I read the stories of other women dealing with infertility, some with much scarier diagnoses than we have. 

Now that there's a baby growing inside me, do I consider myself no longer infertile?  Absolutely not.  This is a label that I suppose will stay with me forever, and that's okay.  Like I said, I've learned so much through this experience, and while sometimes I wish it had been easy for us, I know that I really wouldn't have it any other way.  I know that God has a plan for all of us, and I appreciate that fact.

It's amazing to think that one year ago, I had hoped to be pregnant within a year.  So blessed that that became my reality.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comment on my blog! I love hearing infertility sucess stories, and I can't believe I'm finally one of them! I agree that we will always be infertiles because we will never forget the experiences that brought us our miracles. I've been mentally composing a similar post but haven't been able to get it all down yet!

    ReplyDelete