============================================================

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Random thoughts... (with pictures!)

First, I want to say "Thank you" to those of you who have just started to read my blog and have given me such positive feedback!  I felt very strongly about sharing our struggle, but with that also came the fear that others would judge or reject us for the manner in which we went about conceiving our child.  Every comment I've received (be it actually on the blog or on FB), has been positive and kind.  Jonathan and I are humbled and overwhelmed by your support.  Thank you.  Also, if you've been reading and haven't said, "hello", feel free to de-lurk and leave us a comment on a post!  I always get really excited when I see comments on the blog!!

Jonathan told his boss on Friday.  He knew that something was going on with us, as Jonathan had to be very specific with requesting days out of the office over the past year, but Jonathan had never told him the entire story.  Many bosses regard an employee or an employee's wife's pregnancy as a hassle and just one more piece of paperwork to be filed and dealt with.  Not so with Jonathan's boss.  Jonathan works in NYC, but his boss is in the UK, so on their daily phone call on Friday, Jonathan shared our exciting news with him.  His reaction was to tell Jonathan to go out and buy me some long stem roses  to take home to me (and to charge them to his boss' account!), and made him a promise that the next time he is in town, the three of us will go out for a celebratory dinner!  He was really and truly excited for us, which was so nice.  Here are the roses:



I had my last acupuncture appointment last Friday.  It's going to be weird not going and having my "me" time every week.  I was sad to say goodbye, but promised to bring the baby by to meet her once he or she is born.  I also told her that if I end up with back or sciatic pain, I'll be back to her in a heartbeat to treat it.  I really believe acupuncture was a key element in our success with IVF.

Every week I get an e-mail that tells me what size the baby is.  A few weeks ago (I think around week 10), I read that the baby was the size of a prune.  I told Jonathan and he got really excited.  He told me he thought that was really big already.  I looked at him puzzled and asked him what he thought a prune was.  He ran into the pantry and came out with a plum and (very proud of himself, I might add) handed it to me.  I then walked into the pantry and pulled a prune out to show him the difference.  Apparently, he has a bit of my pregnancy brain! :)


He was very happy last week when I got my 12 week e-mail and was told that the baby was the size of a plum... I immediately forwarded it to him!  Today I am 13 weeks and apparently baby is now the size of a peach!!  It's getting bigger and so am I... though it's definitely that awkward, "Wow, did she get fat?" stage.  I ordered my first pieces of maternity clothes online the other day (can only get LOFT maternity stuff online - and they had the jeans I wanted on sale, so I ordered them and a top.... and okay, another pair of jeans).  My skinny clothes are all pretty much too small, or barely fitting, so it's time to pull out the boxes of "fat" clothes.  Hopefully I'll be ready to do some real maternity shopping here pretty soon!!  I've been taking a weekly belly picture since about 7 weeks, so one of these days I'm going to need to get the energy to get the pics off my camera and upload some here!

1 comment:

  1. ahhhhh love the updates! I had a dream the other night about being at Easter in church and I was holding the baby! (I won't tell you what the sex was because I don't want to be bias!) but they were BEAUTIFUL! ahh I can't wait to be an Auntie! Please upload the pics of your belly! I'm dying to see =) love and miss you both

    ReplyDelete