============================================================

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Happy Saturday :)

Today was a good day. Jonathan and I slept in a bit and once we woke up, I finished my book and did some laundry while he made breakfast. Yesterday when we were at the mall, we saw a circus animal waffle iron at Macy's... Jonathan LOVES making special shaped pancakes so I knew that being able to make monkey, elephant, and giraffe waffles would be right up his ally! He made us some special waffles (all were whole wheat, some had blueberries and some had dark cocoa powder and raspberries). This is one of the many reasons why I know that Jonathan will make an amazing father... He loves to do things like make elephant shaped waffles, and I'm sure our children will someday adore him for it (just like I do)!!!

We decided it was a good day for yard work and started on doing a total makeover of our front yard. We had a bunch of weeds to pull, some landscaping stones to put down, some bushes to remove, others to prune, and a few to plant. We put in a weeping cherry tree and some knockout roses, and mulched the whole area. I'm so proud of how it turned out! I've had this vision in my head for it for quite a while but doubted that Jonathan and I would be able to make it happen... So proud of us that we did! Paul helped us out too... We found that the tree was ridiculously heavy, so he came over to help us get it in the ground..he also helped level a bunch of the stones. Here's a shot of the tree:

After we all got cleaned up, I gave myself my nightly injection then we went out to Cheesecake Factory for dinner and had a great meal. Now I am icing my foot (a full day of yard work was apparently NOT what the doctor ordered!) and we're watching Scrubs on Netflix. Hopefully we can get some work on the side yard in the morning before hanging out with (babysitting) our lil buddy Jake tomorrow. Off to bed soon so I can chase Jake around tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment