School's (finally) out for summer! I wish I felt happiness or relief, but I'm not really feeling much of anything right now... except for annoyance that my period hasn't shown up yet. That's the next key element in this IVF cycle... once that happens, then we can really get moving!!
I took the last of the Cipro yesterday morning (thank goodness - antibiotics tend to upset my tummy), and I am continuing with the Estrace in the morning and evening. I'm not crazy about how the Estrace is making me feel... I am feeling kinda bloated (though Jonathan swears I don't look that way - he's a smart man!), and definitely very emotional and a bit crabby.
In light of my crabbiness, I have to give props to my buddy Amy, who has not only been awesome about listening to all of my TTC chatter for the past two years, but is also the HS Chorus teacher and shares a not so large office and classroom with me. I've been a real treat lately and she has taken it in stride and been supportive and helpful and is letting me have my hormonal fits without batting an eyelash... definitely lucky to have a friend/colleague like her.
In other news, my foot has been bothering me while I run for quite a while now. Since January, it started to hurt more and more when I *wasn't* running. Today, I decided that it was time to have it looked at. I didn't want to start calling orthopedists or anything without knowing that I wasn't totally overreacting to the pain so I went to medemerge and the doctor agreed that it could be a stress fracture (and kinda yelled at me for not coming in sooner). He wanted to do x-rays as well as order an MRI.
Before they could do the x-ray, they insisted on doing a pregnancy test. I explained that it would be a miracle if I was pregnant, but they drew the blood anyway and ran the test. Even though I knew it was going to be negative, I have to say that I still was a little bit disappointed when the x-ray tech came to get me and told me I was good to go. The x-rays showed that there are no visible fractures in my foot... but strangely a healed fracture in my big toe - though I have never knowingly broken it. I played soccer for YEARS, and must have done it sometime along the way and it fortunately took care of itself.
Now I have to wait around to have medemerge send me paperwork for an MRI in the mail (huh?) so I can schedule that to see if I do, indeed, have a stress fracture. In the meantime, he prescribed some pain meds and told me not to run. Great. He wasn't really interested in answering any questions that I had, which wasn't surprising, given that I went to a walk-in place, but frustrating nevertheless.
Jonathan and I decided that I should have my foot looked at by an orthopedist. He has one that he went to when he messed up his knee, and other family members have used for various other reasons, so he wants to call first thing in the morning to try to get me in to see him. I don't know that this will get me an MRI any sooner, but I'm hoping he will be able to give me more information about what I should or shouldn't do right now, and if it turns out NOT to be a stress fracture, I'd like to know what IS causing this pain and I think an orthopedist would be the best person to help me out with that. I just hope we can get the MRI done soon because obviously that will be off-limits once I have the transfer.
Hope everyone out there is doing well! Thanks for stopping by and checking in on our progress!!
No comments:
Post a Comment