============================================================

Saturday, July 9, 2011

...and now a word from Jonathan

Jonathan is going out of his mind too... I suggested he write something for me to post on the blog.  Without further ado, here is Jonathan's take on the LONGEST SATURDAY EVER!!!

Today may have been the longest day in my life. I am not a stranger to patience and do like to believe that I am a patient man. HOWEVER, not knowing when the transfer is or how the embryos are doing is quite potentially one of the most anxious things I have ever felt in my life. So far things have gone better than we anticipated, you can prepare yourself for “okay, based on the sonograms it looks like we will have X eggs” and then “of X eggs potentially Y will fertilize.” Luckily both of those numbers became apparent within 24 hours of each other, and for a large majority of that time I was on call taking care of my dearest beloved who had just had a surgical procedure which is a situation that does pass the time very quickly. Sitting around and just waiting for time to pass, first the next 12 hours and then 48 hours after that, will hopefully not feel like eleventy billion years.

Clearly, he and I are headed for the nuthouse REALLY soon!

1 comment:

  1. What a great post - the hubby's perspective! I totally have been where you guys are....the waiting and not knowing is so difficult. It usually turns out better than any scenarios in your mind. Hang in there guys. Thanks for the comment on my blog. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete