We had a busy, but very good weekend. Time was spent with friends and family, we went to NYC to see "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying" (which was fabulous), and we had a couple of monitoring appointments.
Sunday morning we went in to do a blood test and ultrasound. Afterwards, we felt really good about the situation. There were 10 or 11 follicles present, a few of mature size, and my lining looked really good. The doctor (not our regular RE) said that he thought we needed another day or two of stimulation and that we'd need to come back today.
This morning, we got up very early so we could get in line at the doctor's office. They don't give specific times for these monitoring appointments, so it's first come, first served. I had to be at school this morning to do the Fourth of July parade with the marching band, so I had to get the monitoring over and done with quickly. We got there at 7:30 and I was third in line for when they opened at 8 AM. Unfortunately, the check engine light in Jonathan's car started flashing when we were almost to the doctor's office. Once we got there, we called AAA to tow the car to the Subaru dealership as well as our friend, Paul, to come down to pick us up so I wouldn't be late for the parade. Since it's the Fourth of July, they didn't look at the car yet, so we'll have to find out tomorrow what is wrong with it.
Anyway, there was a little bit of follicle growth today, but the doctor decided we needed to stim for another day. I can't speak for Jonathan, but this disappointed me. We were originally told that we would be doing the stim meds for 7-10 days... today marked day 11. Oh well. The doctor still seemed pretty positive that things would be fine. Tomorrow morning we go back for more blood work and another ultrasound. My veins are getting tired. :(
I've tried to stay as positive as possible throughout this cycle, but today I am feeling bloated and sore, emotional, and just plain uncomfortable in my own skin. I'm really hoping that they decide tomorrow morning that I am ready for my hCG shot... which would mean my retrieval surgery would be Thursday. It's getting frustrating to not be able to make plans more than two days ahead of time. Ah well, as hard as this is, I am really glad that Jonathan and I are in the position to be able to handle all of this.
Since Friday night, I have had to do my regular Menopur/Follistim combo, plus an injection of Cetrotide to prevent me from ovulating too early. Here's a rundown of the Cetrotide injection:
 |
| The Cetrotide comes with everything pre-packaged |
 |
| The contents of the package (alcohol swabs, a syringe filled with liquid, a needle for mixing, a needle for injecting, and the medication in powdered form. | |
|
|
 |
| First, I put the mixing needle on the syringe |
 |
| I inject the liquid into the vial then swirl it around to mix it all up |
 |
| Then I pull the mixture back into the syringe. This part is kinda tricky. |
 |
| Then we put the needle on for the injection. |
The Cetrotide is not a bad injection overall. It stings less than the Menopur/Follistim combo, which is good. Jonathan gives me one injection on one side of my abdomen, then the second injection on the other side. Hopefully tonight was the last night of these injections - but we'll see about that in the morning!
One more picture - here's the pile of waste that I had the other night when I got done with my injections... apparently the companies that make these medications don't particularly care about being "green"!!
 |
| Too much garbage!!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment