============================================================

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A good day :)

Today was a good day.

It didn't start out so great.  I had to wake up early to go for a blood test and ultrasound.  Jonathan's car is in the shop and I needed to drop him at the train after the doctor so we went a little earlier than I had hoped.  Needless to say, I wasn't pleased when the alarm went off.  Fortunately, this was the low point for the day.

At the appointment, we found out that I have about 12 follicles... 8 of which are in the size range that indicates they may contain mature eggs.  (Sidenote: eggs grow in follicles - I don't think I was ever clear on that before)  The 4 other follicles may catch up by Thursday, so we're hoping for 8-12 eggs being retrieved on Thursday.  Yup, we have a retrieval date (finally)!  Thursday morning I will have my retrieval surgery.  I'm nervous and excited all at once... kinda crazy emotions going on with this, compounded by the fact that I have tons of hormones going through my veins!

I went for a walk this morning with my friend Amy and her son, then went to my acupuncture appointment.  Just before walking into acupuncture, I got a text from my old friend Steph who is in NYC visiting from GA.  We met near Times Square today for lunch and had a great time catching up!  It's been ages since I had seen her, but it was like almost no time had passed.  It was a wonderful distraction from all these appointments that have been ruling my life lately!

After Jonathan and I got home this evening and I decided to chill on the couch for a bit while he mowed the lawn (in my defense, these hormones have me worn out!  I'm not sleeping great and I am just wiped!).  While I was hanging out, my good friend Katie called.  We chatted for a good, long while on the phone... it was wonderful to catch up and really made me happy.  Two old friends in one day!  I'm a lucky gal! :)

At 9 pm, Jonathan had to give me my hCG trigger shot.  This will cause me to ovulate just in time for the retrieval on Thursday.  Because you all know I love to illustrate, here are the pictures of that injection:
The set-up for tonight.  This seems like a whole lot less than what I've been dealing with!
First, I pulled 1 cc of water into the syringe.
Next, I added the water to the powdered hCG.  I had to swirl it around to mix it up, then pull it all back into the syringe.  This one was tougher than the others, and I had to be really careful to get the whole mixture into the syringe.
Once the mixture was in the syringe, I changed needles to the smaller needle since this was a SC injection.
This injection stung more than the others and it's now been almost an hour and the injection site still is bothering me.  Oh well... last shot in the abdomen for this cycle.  Later in the week I start the PIO shots in the tush!!! Definitely not looking forward to those.

Tomorrow morning I go for a blood test and to get my pre-op instructions.  The great news about tomorrow is that I don't have to take any medication at all!!! I'm very excited about that! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment