============================================================

Sunday, July 31, 2011

In which I babble randomly...

Hi all!

Been a busy week for the Fenciks.  We spent last weekend in Greensboro, NC, where we got to spend time with my friend Jayme as well as hit some of my favorite spots from when I was in college.  It was a lot of driving to only be down there for a very short time, but it was completely worth it. 

We've been in Ohio since Monday night and have gotten to spend some quality time with my parents, visit with my brother, sis-in-law, and niece and nephew at their lake house one evening, I got to hang out with my friend Amy and her beautiful daughter, and we celebrated my Great Aunt Emma's 90th birthday!  We also had to make sure we ate our Cincinnati favorites while we were here: Skyline, Izzy's, LaRosas, and UDF ice cream!

I've definitely been getting tired much more easily these days and have been trying to get as much sleep as I  can sneak in before "real life" starts again.  I've been waking up around 6 in the morning (or even earlier) every day, but stealing naps and going to bed early to make up for it!  The other night I just barely was able to get my PIO shot ready and was half asleep when Jonathan actually gave it to me - and that was at 9:05!!!

As some of you may know, I absolutely hate drinking water, but I know I need to be getting 8-10 glasses a day to stay hydrated for our babe.  So... I've been seeking out other things I can drink to keep me hydrated, without overloading on aspartame (said to be okay in moderation during pregnancy).  I've been allowing myself to have my 24 oz water bottle full of Crystal Light raspberry lemonade once a day - unfortunately CL has aspartame, so I don't have more than one bottle of that.  24 oz = 3 glasses of water!  I've also been drinking Propel Zero flavored water and Fruit2O.  Both of those have sucralose in them, which is said to be completely safe during pregnancy.  If I have 1 bottle each of those, that equals another 4 glasses of water.  Then I try to make sure I have at least one or more other glasses of water during the day.  We've done our fair share of eating out this week, so I've been ordering water with my meal and forcing myself to at least drink one glass.  Now that I've typed all that out, I'm sure that was WAY more information than anyone needed to know about my hydration habits, but oh well, there ya go!

I've been starting to feel queasy throughout the day.  Jonathan and I went to Target and bought some SeaBands (meant for motion sickness) yesterday.  I put them on and within 20 minutes, I was feeling much, much better!  They are bands that you wear on your wrists and they have a little button that applies pressure to a specific point on the inside of the wrist which effectively reduces nausea.  I'm sure I don't look very cool with them on, but whatever, if they make me feel better, then I'll take it!

We're driving back to New Jersey this afternoon.  It's been wonderful getting to visit everyone, but I miss my bed - I'm ready to get to sleep in it again!  Tomorrow morning we go in bright and early for our first ultrasound!!!  I'm so excited and nervous I can hardly contain myself.  This is one of the last major points along the ride where we could get very bad news, so that makes me understandably anxious, but I am hopeful we'll see everything where it is supposed to be tomorrow morning.

Well, that's about all the random tidbits I have for you.  I'll be sure to update tomorrow to let everyone know how the ultrasound goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment