============================================================

Saturday, March 17, 2012

38 weeks, 2 days

Baby Watch 2012 has begun!!!

Yesterday was my last day at work before starting my maternity leave.  It is very strange to think that come Monday morning, I don't have to set an alarm, I don't have to teach any lessons, and my only responsibilities are to myself and Little Man.  I have an appointment for (another) non-stress test on Monday morning.  I remember making the appointment back at 32 weeks when it became apparent I would need weekly monitoring... and thinking that maternity leave was just so far away, and now it is here!

Our 38 week appointment was pretty uneventful.  My fluid was back down (has been kind of a roller coaster - up one week, down the next, so they are continuing to monitor me), Little Man is still head down, his practice breathing looks good, my BP is great, and while there is no dilation to speak of yet, apparently my cervix is soft and ready to start dilating anytime... we're hoping for sooner rather than later!!  I realize now that I didn't post about his growth scan at 36 weeks.  He measured in the 53rd percentile, so we're hoping for a nice, average sized little guy! :)  It has been great to see him on a weekly basis and the ultrasound techs always say that he looks good.

We are so anxious over here to meet Little Man!  While I am feeling some of the typical discomforts of late pregnancy, overall I am not feeling all that uncomfortable.  I am ready to not be pregnant anymore simply because I REALLY, REALLY want to meet Little Man!  I can't wait to see what he looks like and what his personality is like.  His room is ready, the carseat is installed (and has been inspected), the stroller is ready, his diapers and clothing is all washed... now he just has to show up and join the party!!

No comments:

Post a Comment