============================================================

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Husband of the Year

Jonathan gets the "Husband of the Year" award.  No joke.

This man has been absolutely incredible, well, all the time, but especially throughout the last three years as we tried to get pregnant, and for the entire duration of this pregnancy.

From when we first started trying to get pregnant, Jonathan did his best to educate himself about all things conception related.  He read up as to what he could do to help me relax, how the female reproductive system actually works, and what he could do as far as his role in the process.

When we had to go start fertility treatments, he did his research again and learned everything he could about IUIs, IVF, and all things treatment related.

Once we finally got pregnant, he devoured information about what I should be eating, how to make me comfortable when everything ached, as well as how to help me when my hormones took over and made me a crazy lady.

I have no doubt that Little Man is the luckiest little boy on the planet because he has Jonathan as his daddy.  I think that the thing I am most looking forward to about Little Man's birth, aside from holding him myself for the first time, though this might even be better than that, is to see Jonathan hold his son for the first time.  From the moment we met, I knew that Jonathan was meant to be a daddy, and to see that dream come true for him is a dream come true for me.  That was one of the things that was the hardest throughout fertility treatments - fearing that I would never be able to make him a daddy.  

And now it's all so close, I can barely handle the anticipation!!

I forgot to post it on the blog, but a few weeks ago, Jonathan surprised me with a beautiful necklace.  He had gotten me a necklace right after we knew we were pregnant, and just gifted me with another as a thank you for carrying Little Man around all these months... an early "push present", if you will.  I would be remiss if I didn't share it on the blog!


As if all the love and support that he has shown me wasn't enough to win him "Husband of the Year", I'm pretty sure that this puts him over the top!! :)

Jonathan, I know you read this blog, and I want you to know (publicly), just how much I love and adore you.  You are the best thing to ever happen to me and I am so blessed to be your wife.  Thank you for taking such amazing care of me and for being my rock.  I love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment