============================================================

Monday, March 19, 2012

Maternity Leave... day one

One of the things I would *like* to do while on maternity leave before Little Man gets here (and hopefully after he is here as well!) is to blog more frequently.  I really want to be able to remember this time well someday, and I already fear that I've left out so many things about this pregnancy that I will have wished that I could remember!

So today is my first day of leave, and I have to say, I was pretty nervous about it.  I am a workaholic.  I love my career, and I really enjoy what I do.  Much of my identity is tied up in my job... so to remove that from the equation, I was feeling pretty nervous.  How will I fill my time?  What can I do to give myself some self-worth?

Well, by 6:45 this morning, I was already calling my mom to tell her I was bored - haha!  (Sorry Mom, I know you were hoping for a call that Little Man was coming...)  Fortunately, she entertained me on the phone for a good hour or so.  I had a NST at 9:15, so Jonathan and I went to that and then hit up Target afterwards.  Fortunately, the NST went well and Little Man passed with flying colors (such a good boy, already passing all of his tests!).  We came home and did some menu planning and then it was off to the grocery store with me.

I have to say, I really enjoyed my "me" time walking around the grocery store getting everything we need for our meals this week.  However, turning a pregnant lady lose in the grocery store unattended may not be the most wise thing that one can do!  I bought lots of healthy things, but may have snuck some Graeter's Black Raspberry Chip ice cream into the cart... I mean, c'mon... I'm 9 months pregnant and one of my favorite hometown ice creams has magically shown up in my grocery store in New Jersey - what else am I supposed to do???

Jonathan has transitioned to being based out of his "home office" now, so he is currently upstairs delivering a training to someone, somewhere in the world.  Once he is done with work for the day, we're going to go for a nice, long walk to see if we can't coax Little Man into joining us! :)  That's pretty much on the agenda every day as long as the weather is nice (it's about 70 degrees and sunny here right now - couldn't ask for much better!!).  If we get bad weather, we'll just go to the gym instead!  I'm making a new recipe for dinner tonight, and will probably do some cleaning and/or organizing of something around this place before the day is done.

Tomorrow, I have a chiropractic appointment in the afternoon, and I think I will go get my nails done in the morning... try to squeeze in all the things like that that I am sure I won't have much time for in the near future!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment