============================================================

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Maternity Leave... Day Four

I had a lovely birthday yesterday.  Jonathan did an incredible job of making me feel special all day and helping me to enjoy my special day.  :)

Today was alright.  I always hate the day after my birthday... much like I typically hate the day after any holiday, or after returning from vacation... I'm such a little kid at heart and the day after some "big event" is always a let down.  I think that deep down in my heart I had hoped that Little Man would come today and make today even more special than yesterday.  As I am typing this at 11:30 pm, clearly that didn't happen!!

Today marks the 39 week mark.  A year ago I never thought I'd see 1 week pregnant, let alone 39.  Little Man looked great at his ultrasound this morning.  Measuring a smidge on the small side for 39 weeks, but still in perfectly healthy range, which is great news.  He is head down and did his practice breathing for the ultrasound tech right away - good boy!!  The best news is that my fluid levels were totally normal for the second week in a row!!  They've pretty much been high one week and normal the next for the last 7 weeks, so for them to be normal two weeks in a row was a great thing.  Since I'm so close to the end, they are going to have me continue with the NST and ultrasound routine, but that's okay.  Unfortunately, there was no dilation going on at all today (boooooo), but I know that this doesn't really mean much... I could go into labor at any time.  The only reason this concerns me at all is because my OB induces at 41 weeks.  I would much rather Little Man come on his terms than on pitocins, but I suppose we'll cross that bridge when we get there.  Oh - and the best news from the appointment this morning was that I didn't gain any weight this week - even after my chocolate cake indulgence from yesterday!!! :)

After my appointment this morning, Jonathan and I ran to the post office to mail out some thank you notes, followed by the mall to exchange my new wallet for a different pattern that was released today.  I dropped Jonathan off at home and then went to get my hair cut.  Once I got home, I ate lunch and did some laundry while Jonathan did some trainings for work.  When he was done, he and I took advantage of the gorgeous weather and went for a nice, long walk around the lake near us. We did three laps which comes out to 3.3 miles.  It was the slowest 5K I've ever done, but it felt wonderful to get out and move.  It also feels great to soak up all the time I can of just me and Jonathan alone... I know that is going to be rare very soon.  After we got home from our walk, Jonathan grilled up some filets for dinner and we had a great meal - love that it's suddenly become grilling season again!!!  We also got some frozen yogurt tonight at a new place that opened near us... very tasty!!

I was exhausted after dessert and went to bed early - got about 2 hours of sleep and then woke up ready to go again - UGH!  So, I got out of bed, folded some laundry, and now here I am! :)  I've got the UC-OSU basketball game on the TV and I'm trying to relax myself back to sleep.  I have a massage scheduled for tomorrow morning, and an appointment to have the oil changed in my car in the afternoon.  Other than that, I'm sure I will find something to keep me entertained around the house tomorrow - need to sterilize all of Little Man's bottles and get all of that organized - may be a good project for tomorrow afternoon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment