============================================================

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Little Man's Nursery

Little Man's nursery is seriously my favorite room in this house right now.  I absolutely love how it came out.  I can't wait to bring him home and show it to him.  It was great to have the time and energy to pick out EXACTLY what color we wanted and to decorate it EXACTLY how we want it to be.  I really love how it came out.  Today's "tour" will have to be with my pictures... our amazing photographer took a lot of really great photographs of the nursery, but I will save those for another post about our maternity photo session (that post is coming soon!).  I did purposely leave out the area above his crib, so there are some funny angles in these shots.  Above his bed is his first initial and first name in blue and white vinyl.  I made it all myself on my Silhouette machine (so proud of myself, I have to say!), but since we're not sharing his name until he makes his debut, I left that part out of the pictures. (And yes, we've basically been straight up lying to people for months about whether we have a name for him or not - just easier than having people bug us to share the name - we've known his name since about 30 minutes before we knew he was a boy... but that's another story for another day).

Without any further ado, here's his nursery....

Peeking in from the hallway

His dresser/above his dresser

Looking into the corner with his dresser and closet

Close-up of dresser and closet

Crib

Glider in the corner, next to the crib.  The blanket on the back of the glider was made by my mom for Little Man, and the blanket on the footstool was made by Jonathan's grandmother, Little Man's GREAT-grandmother!

Animals on the wall above the glider

Changing table in the other corner of the room.
There have been a few small changes since I took these pictures a few weeks ago, but for the most part, that's what things look like! I added the breathable bumpers to his crib, and set up his diaper changing basket next to the changing pad.  We also have a short bookshelf that we're putting in the room for him because I don't like the idea of his books being up on the shelf on the hutch like they are now... having books out of reach for a kid is not cool in my mind... we want him to know that books are fun and accessible!!

So there's the nursery!  Rich's photos are way more artsy, so I will definitely share them soon.  Like I said, this is my favorite room in the house and I just can't wait to bring Little Man home to see it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment